Oracle acquired Sun today for a stock price of $9.50 per share in cash.
The transaction was made for $7.4 billion, or $5.6 billion net including Sun’s cash and debt.
Hopefully this acquisition goes in the positive direction. I’ve had issues with BEA WebLogic support after BEA was taken over by Oracle. Their support team is virtually non-existent now. WebLogic versions are barely being upgraded.
Looks like Oracle’s press release page has already been slashdotted.
Content Server Request Failed
Server is too busy to handle request.
Perl was released 20 years ago by Larry Wall, and as a treat, Perl5Porters have released the latest stable version of Perl 5.10.
Some of the new features in Perl 5.10 are named captures in regular expressions, state variables for subroutines, the defined-or operator, a switch statement and a faster regex engine. As a Perl lover, these new features are a great Christmas gift to me!
You can download the greatest scripting language in the world via Bittorrent.
Microsoft terminated its CIO Stuart Scott for violation of company policies after 2 years of working there.
No reason was given for this abrupt firing and Microsoft refuses to give any more information about this, but there are many possibilities. Until MS comes out with an official reason, here are my guesses:
- He must have been watching porn at work.
- He must have been using his iPhone at work (or home).
- He was using his MacBook during presentations.
- His second laptop ran Ubuntu Linux.
- He just bought a copy of Mac OS X Leopard.
- His documents were in the PDF format instead of Microsoft’s DOC format.
- He was using slashes instead of backward slashes as a delimiter on the command line, er, DOS prompt.
- He was wearing a Ubuntu Linux t-shirt.
- They thought he was running some of the Microsoft Sucks websites.
- All his seven children were nicknamed after various flavours of Linux.
Add your own possible reason here.
Taking a clue from Ubuntu Shipit, Solaris is giving away DVDs of its Solaris 10 operating system and Sun Studio 11 free of charge.
It supports the Sparc and x86 platforms.
Get your free copies from here!